Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 1, 2013

Hey guys! So this week was good! We broke the record in baptisms! My comp and I baptized 2 so we’re way happy! I’ve been going to the gym! It’s really helping my health. As you can see I’ve gotten pretty skinny. So it’s good to hear everything at home is going good. So the other day we went on divisions with the assistants and we went and taught one of my investigators about the Book of Mormon. When we started teaching, we felt the spirit so strong. We said some prayers with him after promising him that he could get an answer about the Book of Mormon. We said the prayer and we had a member with us in the lesson that had been a member for over 6 years. She told us and our investigator Martin that when we taught and prayed she felt a feeing that she had never felt in all her life. She never felt it when she was baptized or when she was confirmed or when she was at church. She said she’s never had such a strong feeling that the church is true in all her life. She said she saw a light come into the room and touch us all as we waited listening to the spirit after the prayer. It was awesome! I started to tear up to know that the Lord used us as we taught the Book of Mormon to help her finally receive that answer she had been waiting so long for! This week I have a bunch of goals I want to achieve. I want to be able to strengthen my testimony of the power of the priesthood and have the opportunity to use my priesthood more. I want to be able to teach someone that has been waiting all their life to hear the gospel. I know without a doubt that this church is true. I know that when we have enough faith we can do literally anything we desire that is good. This week I was talking to a missionary that wanted to baptize someone but that didn’t have anyone. I talked to him and told him that he could baptize if he wanted to because that’s what the Lord has promised us. He told me that the problem was that he didn’t believe it could happen because he didn’t have anyone. I read him one of my favorite versus in the Bible in Matthew 19: 26 and promised him that the Lord can do anything if he has Faith and works as hard as he can to find someone. So he did; he said he didn’t believe me but he did it. That night he called me and told me he didn’t find anyone and he told me that he wasn’t going to baptize this week. I said I believe the Lord will bless you and that you guys will baptize and he just laughed and said ok. The next day he called me and asked me if I could come and do a baptismal interview. I went and he said I can’t believe it but he just showed up. That guy was baptized and Elder Wood learned a new lesson. Thanks to the Lord. Love you guys and Miss you. Elder Lowder

No comments:

Post a Comment