Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8, 2012

Well, this week was good but hard. So, this week I went to get transferred and all that stuff on Tuesday. When I got there, I had no idea where I was going, who I was gonna get as my companion, nothing. I was pretty stressed out! I was sitting there listening to president call out the changes when I heard "Elder Lowder, Va a abrir area lousero en zona nesa pantitlan. Su compaƱero va a ser Elder Dias, Elder lowder como compeƱero mejor." So, what that means is that I’m in a new area, opening the area with elder Dias with me serving as senior companion. This area, no one has worked here for a long time so it’s a little difficult. I got here and we got put in our house that didn’t have a bathroom door, has tile but not all of the house and was dirty so I’m sure you can imagine how I felt. We put our things in the house and I was like, well lets go to work. We left the house with a map and started to learn the area and contact people. Everyone told us no but we kept pushing along because the more people that say no, someone is going to have to say yes. The area is very, very small. The members here are great leaders and work very hard and are excited to have missionaries here again. In the ward, there’s about 300 or more members. Out of these 300 people, about 60 are active in the church. So I was praying the other day about what I needed to do in this area, what is it that the Lord wants me to do in this area. I felt I needed to do 2 things, baptize but more importantly as my central focus, activate the inactives. So I talked the Bishop and told him what our goals were and he’s very excited that we’re gonna help them with all the inactives here. So I’m very excited to work with these members and to just be here. Although it was way, way difficult to leave my past area and leave my converts and my friends and a lot of people that are like family, I’m very excited to be here and have this opportunity. So my companion is a good guy but he’s lazy to be honest, haha. He has 21 months in the mission so he’s kinda lost his umph. But it’s all good. We’re getting along very well and I’m trying my best to help him keep some excitement that he has left so that we can get this ward help and move forward the work. So since you put carpet in that means either you’re gonna move soon or you just needed new carpet. To be honest, I’ve been thinking about it a lot and all of my 8 months in the mission and I want to live in Utah after my mission. I feel like that’s where I need to be after for many reasons. First, my exaltation, haha, the future wife. I hear that’s the best place to find one. Second, the atmosphere. Most of my mission friends live there and are gonna go to school in Utah. So I want to head up there with them. Third, I’m hoping that you guys will move up there so that we can all have some fun as a family and it won’t be hard to visit on holidays, haha. What’s been your recent thoughts on that subject lately since I’ve been gone? Well I’m glad to hear everything’s going great and that you guys are very happy! I love you guys and I miss you all! Elder Lowder

No comments:

Post a Comment