Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 22, 2013

Hey guys!, So this week was good but at the same time hard for my companion and I. We baptized but we didn’t baptize everyone we wanted to. We sent an investigator named Roberto to a baptismal interview on Thursday. Roberto is a very very important person to us. He was a gangster at 29 years of age that didn’t have anymore hope in life and that was really going downhill in everything. We did all we could to help Roberto change and find the love of Christ in his life. He changed completely as we helped him. So my companion and I sent him to a baptismal interview on Thursday because we knew that he was ready to get baptized. He was in his interview for 1 hour. When he came out he looked happy. We gave him a big hug because the Elder that interviewed him told us that he was gonna get baptized on Saturday. He had to have a special interview with President because he participated in an abortion. When he left, he didn’t look sad or anything, so we let him go with plans to go visit him the next day to see how he was doing and all that. The next day we went to the Church building because we had a meeting with the Bishop to help him out with some things in the Ward. When we got there Robertos’ sister pulled us into a room and talked to us about how Roberto went home the night before crying and that he was saying that he didn’t want anything else to do with the church and a bunch of stuff. She begged us to go find him and help him. So went to go look for him but we couldn’t find him. He didn’t even come to our appointment which wasn’t normal for Roberto. His girlfriend finally got ahold of him and asked him where he was and he said he wasn’t going to make it in time because he went to go see about a job interview he wanted. The next day we went to go look for him but we didn’t find him. It was our turn to eat in their house that day. When we got there we started eating and all that. When we finished eating he showed up. He came into the house very very drunk. He had over a month without touching any kind of substance. We he got there, he said hello and my companion said to him, hey Roberto, we miss you man and he turned and looked at us and called us hypocrites. We started talking to him and trying to help him understand the big misunderstanding. He didn’t want to understand but I’m sure it was for the alcohol. He said a lot of stuff to us that made me feel horrible, because honestly I love Roberto, he is such a great guy and he changed so much. When we left the house we started walking down the street and the words that he said to me when he looked into my eyes and said i never want to see you again, you liar; tore me up and I broke down in the middle of the street. My friend Elder Tapia gave me a hug and told me it wasn’t my fault. My comp and I went to the house and got on our knees and started crying and praying for Roberto. I know that it’s not over with him. I know that he will give us another chance. I know that it wasn’t my fault but i also know that it was partly my fault. I know this church is true and I know that the Lord tries us because he loves us. I know that as I stay strong and do what I have to do, I never have to worry. I love you guys and I hope that you all have a great trip to New York. Elder Lowder

No comments:

Post a Comment