Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011

Hey family!,

Well its been a good week a lot of stuff has happened this week. So start off by answering your questions I got the package last week or 2 weeks ago..... haha i forgot to tell you guys that. no one tried to rob anything cause i have the iPod and everything was awesome in the package! The ipod has brought me some Christmas feeling in my house and the hot chocolate I'm saving until Christmas day! Because Christmas eve we have to be in the house at 6 unless were are eating dinner with a member but all the elders in my area and the area around us want me to cook an American Christmas dinner so we will see it depends on where my money is and all that. i have been doing good with it and making it last. ive learned the importance and a lot of stuff. So i live in Cuidad Algra idk if he will know where that is. So this week we did pretty good this week we didn't end up baptizing on Sunday because we couldnt marry the couple last week because the man got sick so we are taking care of that Friday and baptizing them for sure on Sunday i hope. the other 2 one we coudnt get a hold of him because he was pretty busy and the other went to visit her family in another part of the city because of some problems with her family shes coming back Wednesday and i'm getting her in that water shes the one that is always like idk i want to baptize her more then anyone because she has had her answer for like 2 weeks and is ready just wont go cause things keep coming up is what she says. But we got 4 new investigators last week it sounds low but its pretty good cause streets have been empty and doors not opening. Because of the holidays. I have my companion working hard now he now understand how important this work is and how important every action we make is and also the importance of our name tags. He got an email from his family today and it really got him going he started crying and ran and gave me a hug and thanked me. Because he has a difficult family situation due to the fact that none of his family are members and now they have excepted to be baptized and his brother wants to serve a mission. I helped him understand that its because he is serving the Lord the way he needs to and the Lord is blessing him for it. So I have some stories to tell. So the other night i forget which night but we were in the house for the night and we were talking about honesty and the importance of honesty because my companion has been telling these white lies to people so i was talking to him about it when out of no where my bed started shaking and the ground and the house and everything hahahaha it was an earthquake we ran out side and i of course thought it was hilarious because my companion was freaking out when it was maybe 30 seconds and we ran outside and was talking to the rent lady and told her what my comp was doing and she was getting a pretty good kick out of it they all love me there. There always wanting me to come over so they can feed me and also convince me to date there 16 year old daughter the conversation is always funny cause the daughter is always freaking out cause i embarrass her with her parents its a fun stuff. So the other day we were running back to the church from an appointment because it was time to tame the toilet and i was bookin it and my companion was doing everything he could to make his short legs move fast and all i could hear it espararme! which means wait for me wait for me! and i was laughing and running when i ran by some guy and just kept going after saying beunas tardes (good afternoon) and i turned around and saw my companion and he waved me to stop and come back so i did and he was like im tired lets walk were almost there so i we started walking when the guy i passed by run up to me and was like wait i need to talk to you! and we started talking to him an he said he wanted to change his life because he is into to drugs and has 2 kids he needs to focus on but cant very well because of the drugs and hes always feeling frustrated and pressured and hes hearing voices telling him to stop or to keep going and we talked to him and my companion started going off like it was a contact and i waited for the time where i could cut in and tell the guy that we could help him and we have the things that will change his life and help him to be the father for his kids he wants to be and he asked me to say a prayer for him in the street so i did and he shook my companions hand and gave me this huuge hug and thanked me and it felt way good. He doesn't live in our area so we cant teach him but its OK hes ready. So today i had to go with my buddy's from the MTC to immigration to sign some papers and to get my license things so i can be qualified to teach if an officer were to ask me for it. which was way good to get to talk to them and share experiences and stuff. I miss you and love you all i will call on the 25th at 1 and talk to you guys cant wait. Have fun don't focus on the sad parts of this season focus on the great parts. Love you and talk to you next week thank you for all you guys do and ill let you know what happens with the family for the Christmas presents and ill take pictures with them and email them to you and tell you about them. Oh one more thing if you could email me pics of the house all decorated and Christmas eve and day please! love you all bye!

Elder Lowder

No comments:

Post a Comment