Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 3, 2012

Familia,

Hey guys sounds like you guys had a great vacation and it was the fun i was hoping for you guys. To answer your questions i didn’t receive the pictures, I bought one of those shower heads but i have to buy more cables and do some work if there’s another way to do that besides buying cables if you could ask Dallas please. This week was not a very good week the work isn’t coming but i am really really focused right now. We have contacted 5 families and have goals to baptize all of them the week of the 15 on Sunday. I am really fired up about this because i feel good about these 5 families and i feel good about our goals we have for this week. We have a goal for 2 baptisms this week Ignacio and yadeni we are planning on visiting them every day this week to prepare them for Sunday. I praying for the people here to feel the need to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to really feel that its the path to take. I know if i am humble and i am praying with faith for these things that the Lord will put them in my way. I learned a very important lesson this week because i was asking and asking why i am not baptizing why I’m having these troubles. As i was reading in the Book of Mormon in Alma Ch 9 or 10 or 12 i was reading about the people and how Amulick was teaching them. After Amulick Amla helped and told them that the lord doesn’t bless those with hard hearts to things. When i read this it really stuck out to me and i started to think about if i had a hard heart to something in my work or in my life. I found that i have been holding back a lot because i didn’t want to change i wanted to be the same when i get back just stronger But that’s not how it works im here to change to become a stronger person to become more mature and to know what i need to do if any type of situation comes my way. I was just so scared about coming back the goofy returned missionary or something like that but i realized that its not about me and its not about when i get back its about these next 19 months of truly losing myself in the work and allowing myself to change however the Lord chooses and that’s where the success lies. But i know it was a dumb thing to come into the mission with that type f attitude but its changing fast.

This week was pretty slow also because the people were the same no i don’t want to listen or no i don’t have time or no this or that. But i know if i continue to contact and work that they will come. This week we were in the house at 6 again on Saturday and on Sunday inside all day it was good we got to talk to our neighbors and all that. So i know that trouble and stress and problems come but just to share something that helps me in D And C Section 121 verses 7-9 really helps and really comforts me so if you need comfort read it and really ponder.

So i have an investigator who has had a lot of revelation in her dreams one dream in particular i need help i have been searching and searching but its kicking my butt so if anyone dad mom,bre, Dallas Brandon papa granda aunts uncles anyone can help please do. So She is in a field and she sees Jesus Christ and she asks master is it you and he says yes and so she runs to him and asks is the path I’m on wrong and he says no She then sees an ark with a counter thing under it and through the ark she sees a big rock with a lot of pools of water in it which the water is crystal clear and inside one puddle is her 16 year old daughter in the fetal position, She then sees and bunch of flowers and in the middle of these flowers the like doing a pulsing thing. She then sees a Temple and that’s about its she received this dream after she asked if the Church was true when she was investigating the first time. Of course its an answer to her prayer. I have my ideas on it but i really want to get your guys take on this so everyone family give me your thoughts and i want to match them to mine please!!

Love you guys and miss you think of you all everyday!

Elder Lowder

No comments:

Post a Comment