Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 12 , 2012

Hey guys!

Well this week was very good! We baptized again yesterday and it was way awesome! Before we entered into the faunt, Wendy (my investigator) started crying and I was thinking, ah dang she’s not gonna’ want to do it! So, I asked her what was wrong and she looked up and said that she’s never felt this happy in her whole life. The spirit was so strong and the ordinance was way special. We are going to baptize her husband on Wednesday and the kids Margarita and Karina on Sunday and Jesus next week. We’re being blessed so much and I’m so happy to be a part of such great a cause. So Last Monday we had an activity for our zone and we went to these soccer fields that were nice. They were artificial grass and we got a shirt for our zone and it’s the soccer team of England and on the back it says Lowder number 14 la perla because that’s my zone. It’s cool. When I was playing I was running with the ball and when I kicked the ball to try to score, I fell and scraped the crap out of my knee, hahaha. It was pretty funny, but I tore up my leg pretty badly and it was bleeding, but you know me, I kept playing with it and all that. I got back to the house and asked my neighbor for some alcohol to clean it. She gave it to me and I touched the leg and it stung so bad so i didn’t really clean it very well, which is a surprise because I’m pretty good with pain. My companion told me I didn’t clean it good enough, but I decided not to listen and put some Neosporin on it and a band aid. The next day I woke up and all was good and started working. Later that night, we were teaching the Golden family and it started leaking and so I took off the band aid and it was infected and the Mom of the family was like, ew its infected and told me I needed to clean it as fast as possible. I had a plan to do so when i got back to the house but we stopped at a member’s house so that they could go with us to teach someone. When the member saw my leg, He was like, no we aren’t leaving this house until I clean that leg! So they sat me down and my companion started cleaning it. He put agua hexonada on it and it hurt so bad every time he touched it I seriously was flopping everywhere. They ended up cleaning it for like 20 minutes and they used agua hexonada, alcohol and my favorite of them all limon! They asked me after how I felt and I said like I just got out of labor. They had a good laugh at that, but it’s still infected, but not bad, just a little. Ii visit a doctor that’s in my ward and she put a cream on it that’s working magic. So, my companion, this week I realized who he is. HEDGES! He is Brenden Hedges in Mexican form. I’m dead serious. He looks at his muscles and is always talking about them and football and baseball. He always thinks he’s right about everything. Every single story he tells, he has to put in there, “yeah and during this time I was a lot bigger muscle wise!” The best one so far is last night, we were teaching a family the word of wisdom. One of the members of the family that is 17 likes to drink. My companion started to tell a story about before his mission he liked hanging out with this friend that liked to party and they went to a party and his friend ended up saving his life. The funny part is that he starts talking about how his friend likes drinking and smoking but he was pretty nice muscle wise. He keeps going in the story but he stops and regresses just to tell them that he was much bigger than his friend. I about died laughing at him in the middle of the lesson. It was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard in my whole life! I’m losing my mind listening to his stories about muscles or this or that, but it’s all good. I’m staying calm and just ignoring him, but he doesn’t know it because I say si or que chaffa or que padre. Haha.
So to tell you about the Golden family, Wendy who I baptized on Sunday is the Mom of the family. It was way, way special teaching them because the spirit was, way strong every lesson. Her husband had a problem with smoking but we promised him that if he wanted to, he could quit smoking in one week and then gave him a blessing. He quit smoking in 4 days. What a miracle. It was way awesome! He told us after we fasted with them that he doesn’t have the urge anymore. I was so thankful for the power of the Priesthood and for the power of the fast that helped him change. He’s going to baptized on Wednesday. The kids aren’t old enough to be baptized yet but they’re obsessed with my eyes. The 2 daughters asked their parents if it was ok if I was the boyfriend, because in their words I’m the most handsome white boy they have ever seen, hahaha. They’re way cool this family.
So the pictures that are on facebook are pictures that my neighbor’s daughter took of me just being dumb or during times of fun. She tells me every time I walk in hey this person liked this picture or commented on this one. I have to say my favorite is that Breanna put in Spanish that she’s happy to know that this family is taking care of me. So Mom I can buy one here, yes, but I’m pretty unsure about sending my memory card home. I’m nervous because it has pictures of the MTC and here, so i don’t want anything to happen to it, but let me know what you want me to do and I’ll do it.

The colts are making a terrible decision! I’m so ticked! Joe told me also and I might have to change teams, who knows!

Well I love you guys and miss you guys a lot. I’m glad to hear everything is going good back home and that you guys are healthy, safe, and happy. Well I’ll talk to you next week!

Love Elder Lowder

No comments:

Post a Comment